Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bluebery Oatmeal

Lately, this is my go-to breakfast.
Remember the refrigerator oatmeal I posted about?
I still love it for a summer breakfast, but here in Oregon we've been hit with some dreary, rainy mornings, and cold oatmeal just wasn't cutting it!
I like to keep my breakfast calories down to 250 calories, and this hits the mark.  Here's what I do:

in a small saucepan combine:
1/2 c. uncooked rolled oats (I like regular, but quick also works)155 cal.
1/2 c. frozen blueberries                                                             40 cal.
1 1/2 c. water
Cook over medium heat until thickened, takes maybe 4 minutes.  I like to let it cool a little before
putting it in my bowl, and it thickens a bit as it cools, too. 
I like to add 1/2 tbsp. of peanut butter   50 cal.
and salt, stevia, cinnamon, and (gasp) cayenne pepper :-)
The whole breakfast comes to 245 satisfying calories.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment