Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The next phase.......

My last post here was dated July 12, 2012.
I had pared down to an easy size 12, which for me is just right, and felt energized and light on my feet.
I had also determined that it was time to start baking commercially again, and at the end of July I returned to our local Grower's Market with a van load of bagels and treats.  It was so good to be back, to see familiar faces, to have a satisfying weekly routine of work.  Happy sigh.

As the months went by, my size stayed pretty stable, even though I was not on such a strict regimen.  Even now, I am not far from my  goal weight.  But once again, my favorite outfits seem just a little snug----and after a fresh taste of enjoying how it feels to be light and active, I'm not up for returning to the sweatpants mentality----you know what I mean!!

But those habits!  Once again, I am seeing a need to return to the discipline of no sugar, no white flour, 1200 calories.  What better day than Jan 1!  I no longer participate in the Prism group------more's the pity.   Group accountability is such a help!  But in its absence, I turn to this blog and resolve to keep it updated, charting my progress.  My prayer is that as I practice this discipline that I know, the hidden issues that motivate me will be revealed and resolved.  One day at a time.

One thing I want to note here is that I am not truly encouraged by the standard motivational tactics used in most weight-loss/management programs.  I've been cultivating this area for most of my life, and am no longer trustful of the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you can do it!" mentality.  I am convinced there is a deeper, surer, wiser way to face any of our issues.  That's what I want to explore here, with God's guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment