Monday, January 7, 2013

A Daily Commitment

Last, week, with the best of intentions, I climbed back on my "horse"----let's call my steed "Disciple".  I like that-----maybe I will describe him more as we go along :-)  But by the end of the week I had once again fallen off, and was wandering around in the land of cookies, second helpings, and pants that don't fit right any more.  Ha!  How many times has this scene been repeated in my life?  Let's not start counting.  Instead, let me resolve to climb back on to Disciple's forgiving back and start again.  I recall the verse in James that tells us "If any of you lack wisdom (which seems to be an ongoing condition with me!), he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him" James 1:5

So, I'm asking.  And it occurs to me that as I continue to exercise this asking, it develops humility.  It works that muscle!  As I humbly admit my lack and climb back on my steed, something more lasting than my "right weight" will be strengthened.  Now THAT is my kind of resolution! 

This year, I have pondered what one word would describe what I want to see happening in my heart.  After much very interesting brainstorming, the word "YES" drifted down onto my page and stayed put.  I want to say "Yes, Lord" without dragging my feet.  I want to agree with His beautiful sanity.  My prayer this January morning is that I will learn to stay on Disciple's back and go where he takes me.  And I think part of how that will look is that there will be daily entries here.  So, barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll see you here tomorrow!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment