Thursday, April 26, 2012

Prayer from my Journal

4.26.12  Thursday.  Day 10

Father, today's lesson touches on the hidden attitudes that shape my behavior.  I have practiced this discipline in the past, the program guidelines, and indeed, my body settles down, my emotions about overeating subside because I am no longer overeating, all is well.....as long as I stay within these strict guidelines.  Right now, I consider myself "on restriction" and have referred to it that way with friends.

But Lord, this outward obedience is the best I can do.  I don't know how to change my motivations.  I lift up my body, and my internal war, for your blessing and sanctification.  And it will be in Your time, not mine.  For my part,  I will practice my lessons to the best of my understanding.  Please help me to stay honest, to not be drawn back into the language of self-deception (my native tongue!!)  I want to speak Your language.  I want to learn it well.  Please help me, Lord.

"Come thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy praise
Streams of mercy never ceasing call for songs of loudest praise!
Teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above!
Praise his name, I'm fixed upon it, name of God's redeeming Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment