Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 17

(if anyone is actually doing the program, the lesson I read today is from week 4, not week 3.  When I joined my group, they were already a week ahead of me, so I just quickly reviewed the first week and jumped in.  Not recommended for someone who's never done the program-------but I'm a returning veteran:-)

From my journal, which often is written as a prayer:

Father, the lesson today is about addiction and compulsion.  Twelve years into my PRISM experience, I am still unpacking.  Why is that, I wonder?  I have yet to truly  lay it down (whatever "it" is.......)   I am more comfortable "controlling" the behavior-----either by abstaining as I am right now, or by abandoning myself to it.  In fact, I suspect that keeping the "behavior" as an option helps to distract me from that dreaded "it".   Wow.........it seems like a lot of gymnastics to go through.  I wonder what would happen if I turned around and looked at whatever "it" is that's been chasing me all these years?   Lord,  I think I have felt that I couldn't face it alone, and it has taken me all these years to get real enough to even recognize it.  Now I can see it at work, and as I do I also know that I have a great Friend to walk me through it to the other side.  The side of sanity!  Where You live!  That's what I want, Lord, more than anything.  I want to believe your truth and tell it boldly, starting with myself! I want there to be no sin block between us!   I sense your smile even as I write-----it must be a happy thing to get one of your children to this point:-)   Carry me through, Lord!    Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment